Well, maybe not the earth, but Polargy’s new Flat-Pack Family of containment systems is.
Announcing Polargy’s innovative Flat-Pack Family of prefabricated, light weight airflow solutions. The Flat-Pack Family design incorporates light weight structural panels that are field fastened together with unique, proprietary connectors. This prefabricated design approach minimizes material costs and saves installation labor.
What took days in the past with a stick built approach now takes hours with the Flat-Pack solution.
Be Part of Delivering Cool Customer Solutions
Polargy is an engineering and solution driven company focused on air containment and other related products for the data center industry. We have a singular focus of satisfying the needs of our growing customer base by identifying and solving our customers’ problems and challenges with speed and efficiency.
Polargy is seeking to add a motivated self-starter to our sales engineering team who works well in a fast paced team environment. While this role will have defined responsibilities, we are seeking an overall contributor who is eager grow with the business and is continually looking for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations. In this role you will perform customer-facing solution development in support of customer acquisition, partner design assist, installation scoping and construction while managing project scope through to customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of solid experience in a B2B sales environment in the data center or in a similar technology related field.
- Customer-facing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate with technology influencers.
- Knowledgeable in processes of design, construction, commissioning and operation of datacenters or similar mission critical facilities.
- Proven project management skills.
- The ability to grasp and translate big picture requirements into detail-level specifications.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in an analytical field like engineering.
- A strong commitment and desire to delivering excellent customer service to clients and co-workers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in capturing customer requirements and translating those to specific product solutions.
- Become a subject matter expert related to white space build-outs, cooling efficiency, aisle containment, airflow management, fire safety and construction of related solutions.
- Develop and present technical designs and solutions to meet customer objectives.
- Define BOM’s and scope of works for customer projects.
- Identify and document new product opportunities based on customer needs.
- Ensure project scope and BOM is produced and delivered per the project requirements defined in the pre-sales process.
- Manage the pre-production requirements of customer specific solutions developed to meet project requirements.
- Provide support to channel partners in the installation of solutions.
- Act as the ‘face’ of Polargy until the customer’s project is completed and the solution developed in the pre-sales process has been produced and installed to the satisfaction of our customer(s).
Reach out to any of us on LinkedIn.
Yes, 40kW per rack! Polargy’s Cold Aisle Containment was used at ViaWest’s recent Plano Grand Opening to demonstrate the site’s capability to cool high density deployments of up to 40kW per rack. Paul, with our partner USNet, led the installation of Polargy’s Rack Top Baffles and PX Doors. He is standing next to ComRent’s rack mount load banks which produced the 40kW load for each rack. Temperature sensors were placed through out the aisle. These showed that with the 6′ cold aisle on a raised floor and the open top containment design that the server inlet temperatures were properly maintained.
PX Sliding Door
ComRent Variable Load Load Banks
Temp Sensors in Cold Aisle
Rack Top Baffles at ViaWest
Test Cage at ViaWest
Paul from USNet managed install
We launched our new, low cost PX Doors last week. These are all aluminum sliding and swing doors that are elegant and simple to install. See more at http://polargy.com/data-center-containment/aisle-end-doors/
PX Dual Sliding Door
PX Swing Door
With the launch of Polargy’s Rack Top Baffle, the question arises, does partial height containment work. Luckily, one of our customers conducted a CFD analysis on partial height panels and the results were positive. See a 60 second video on those results here: https://vimeo.com/166747303.
Or, see the Rack Top Baffle CFD Study slides on SlideShare.
Today, we are launching our new PolarPlex™ Rack Top Baffle. This is a new option for cabinet supported containment that provides a significant reduction in both the installation and material costs of deploying open top architectures. The new baffles, with their tool-less installation, offer flexibility and convenience for sites that reconfigure their layouts frequently due to moves, additions, and changes. The baffle’s modular design makes them an economical, quick-to-install solution that can be repurposed through the life of the data center.
I particularly like the Rack Top Baffles because they represent a new class of containment panels that are well-suited for projects where the ROI goals are extremely aggressive. With these baffles operators can achieve a compelling payback on their energy savings projects.
One neat feature that we added to the baffle is a “J-Hook” so that lower level “InFIll” panels can be added to fill gaps between racks. This feature is ideal for spaces where there are columns or missing racks. In this case, we use a wider 5′ or 6′ Rack Top Baffle. Our baffles are available is standard and custom sizes.
We have been quite surprised by the amount of empty racks that are being deployed in data centers today. With that high demand for full rack blanking, Polargy has expanded our PolarFlex Full Rack Blanking Panel offering to include 42U, 45U, and 48U sizes and black, white, and custom art options. Check out the details at www.polarflex.biz.
Blanking is part of the Day 1 containment solution. In a new site like below, where the racks are empty on Day 1, the PolarFlex panels are the fastest, easiest, and most economical solution available.
Plus, we printed the blanking panels with server images, just for the fun of it.
Polargy’s Cold Aisle Containment can be seen in this recent CNN video on the Titan, the country’s largest supercomputer. The Titan is the most powerful computer in the United States available for use today.
Classic cold aisle containment with Drop-Away Panels.
Here is our very attractive PolarPlex P2 Sliding Door.
“This image of Polargy’s Cold Aisle Containment is from the brochure for Netrality’s new site in downtown Chicago. The site is at 717 South Wells and we were thrilled to expand our footprint in the Chicago area. This site uses Kyoto cooling system which requires containment to perform properly. Also, the project was a complete remodel of the room and we had to do some detailed work around the conduits and columns. If you want to take a tour of the site just contact us and we’ll connect you with their sales guy for the site”
We have an outstanding opportunity! Lead Polargy’s sales efforts into the new construction segment. That means getting to owners, architects, engineers, and general contractors with Polargy’s message and getting us selected for the new builds.
Polargy NewCon Sales Job 30NOV15