Polargy takes advantage of prefabrication for our HACs and Ceiling Systems. This saves field labor and speeds up installations.
Field Friendly Walls
Polargy’s Modular Wall is deployed to create demising walls, privacy suites, and cages.
This wall solution is “Designed for Field”. That means it has Easy Constructibility, Removes Field Labor, and is Field Flexible for unexpected conditions or configuration changes.
The component count is low, making the installation simple. As a thumb rule – the Polargy wall requires about 50% of the labor that is required for drywall.
The cage mesh at the top is there so that sprinkler coverage is not obstructed.
The Sliding Doors are available in 4′ and 8′ sizes and have appropriate locking options for access control/security.
The One Hour Install
A huge issue in building data centers is the excessive cost and time it takes to install the containment solutions. Polargy has designed and manufactured the Flat-Pack Hot Aisle Containment solution that relies on the prefabrication of structural panels in order to increase efficiency during installation and reduce costs. Our goal is to change the data center space by promoting cost-effective, energy saving, and simple solutions.
The installation process only requires a four man team and one hour of your time. Because Polargy prefabricates the system as much as possible offsite prior to install, the final assembly is fast and uncomplicated. We are really proud of this new system that can help our customers save time and money.
“See” the Heat
Polargy’s new Highlight Visual Temperature Monitoring Light lets you see hot spots and lets you know when everything is fine with temperature. It’s a color coded light that allows operators to see if the room temperature is OK.
Set your own temperature thresholds for when the Highlight changes from Green to Yellow and from Yellow to Red.
Polargy is Hiring Sales People in the Bay Area
Be Part of Delivering Cool Customer Solutions
Polargy designs and manufactures airflow and room partitions for data centers. We have some of the most interesting, innovative, and customer driven solutions on the market including Flat-Pack Airflow Containment, a Structural Ceiling System that installs faster and more economically than the competition, and unique Privacy Suite Modular Walls that weigh half as much as the current industry standard. We have a singular focus of satisfying the needs of our growing customer base by identifying and solving our customers’ problems and challenges with speed and efficiency.
Polargy is seeking to add a motivated self-starter to our sales team who works well in a fast paced team environment. This is a field role with typical sales goals but we also seek an overall contributor who is curious to discover new routes to customers and is eager figure out how best to grow with the business. We need someone who is continually looking for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Manage and grow business with named accounts
- Go after target accounts, so you will have to be smart about networking into the accounts and you’ll probably make some cold calls
- Develop clear understanding of customer project requirements
- Excitement about being part of a small business culture
- You should be curious
- Self sufficient
- Sharp, thoughtful approach
- Integrity and conscientiousness; people should trust you
- Sales experience in the technology arena with either data center solution experience or building products experience.
- Located within driving distance of Sunnyvale, CA.
- A plus to have knowledge of the data center ecosystem (3rd party providers, manufacturers, architects, consulting engineers and GCs) or experience in similar sales processes where architects, engineers and other third parties are influencers in the sales process.
The Earth is Flat
Well, maybe not the earth, but Polargy’s new Flat-Pack Family of containment systems is.
Announcing Polargy’s innovative Flat-Pack Family of prefabricated, light weight airflow solutions. The Flat-Pack Family design incorporates light weight structural panels that are field fastened together with unique, proprietary connectors. This prefabricated design approach minimizes material costs and saves installation labor.
What took days in the past with a stick built approach now takes hours with the Flat-Pack solution.
Polargy is Hiring a Solutions Engineer
Be Part of Delivering Cool Customer Solutions
Polargy is an engineering and solution driven company focused on air containment and other related products for the data center industry. We have a singular focus of satisfying the needs of our growing customer base by identifying and solving our customers’ problems and challenges with speed and efficiency.
Polargy is seeking to add a motivated self-starter to our sales engineering team who works well in a fast paced team environment. While this role will have defined responsibilities, we are seeking an overall contributor who is eager grow with the business and is continually looking for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations. In this role you will perform customer-facing solution development in support of customer acquisition, partner design assist, installation scoping and construction while managing project scope through to customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of solid experience in a B2B sales environment in the data center or in a similar technology related field.
- Customer-facing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate with technology influencers.
- Knowledgeable in processes of design, construction, commissioning and operation of datacenters or similar mission critical facilities.
- Proven project management skills.
- The ability to grasp and translate big picture requirements into detail-level specifications.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in an analytical field like engineering.
- A strong commitment and desire to delivering excellent customer service to clients and co-workers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in capturing customer requirements and translating those to specific product solutions.
- Become a subject matter expert related to white space build-outs, cooling efficiency, aisle containment, airflow management, fire safety and construction of related solutions.
- Develop and present technical designs and solutions to meet customer objectives.
- Define BOM’s and scope of works for customer projects.
- Identify and document new product opportunities based on customer needs.
- Ensure project scope and BOM is produced and delivered per the project requirements defined in the pre-sales process.
- Manage the pre-production requirements of customer specific solutions developed to meet project requirements.
- Provide support to channel partners in the installation of solutions.
- Act as the ‘face’ of Polargy until the customer’s project is completed and the solution developed in the pre-sales process has been produced and installed to the satisfaction of our customer(s).
Reach out to any of us on LinkedIn.
Can You Cool 40kW per Rack?
Yes, 40kW per rack! Polargy’s Cold Aisle Containment was used at ViaWest’s recent Plano Grand Opening to demonstrate the site’s capability to cool high density deployments of up to 40kW per rack. Paul, with our partner USNet, led the installation of Polargy’s Rack Top Baffles and PX Doors. He is standing next to ComRent’s rack mount load banks which produced the 40kW load for each rack. Temperature sensors were placed through out the aisle. These showed that with the 6′ cold aisle on a raised floor and the open top containment design that the server inlet temperatures were properly maintained.
New PX Family of Aluminum Doors
We launched our new, low cost PX Doors last week. These are all aluminum sliding and swing doors that are elegant and simple to install. See more at https://polargy.com/data-center-containment/aisle-end-doors/
Open Top Containment, It Works
With the launch of Polargy’s Rack Top Baffle, the question arises, does partial height containment work. Luckily, one of our customers conducted a CFD analysis on partial height panels and the results were positive. See a 60 second video on those results here: https://vimeo.com/166747303.
Or, see the Rack Top Baffle CFD Study slides on SlideShare.